Friday, June 9, 2017

The Lord Gave Me Brothers (Like Didacus!): A Reflection by Br. Juan-Jose Jauregui



And after the Lord gave me some brothers, no one showed me what I had to do, but the Most High Himself revealed to me that I should live according to the pattern of the Holy Gospel.  -- St. Francis of Assisi, “Testament”


Watching Brother Didacus spending time doing his favorite hobby—putting together his electric trains-- makes me think of what Francis said about the brothers. One of the most powerful experiences for me in the community is living with the older friars, because I personally think it would be very hard for me to be a Franciscan living on my own without them. They are the ones I can look up to as good examples, or with whom I can even just have a cup of coffee in the morning and chat.

I know in my own faith journey as a Franciscan and a Christian, I am following Francis walking toward Christ and searching to have a good relationship with the Lord and my brothers. I would not have been able to accomplish anything without the grace of God and the help, support, and companionship of my brothers. Truly, the Lord gave me brothers.




Br. Juan-Jose Jauregui has been a friar of St. Barbara Province since 2010. He is a native of Zacatecas, Mexico and moved with his family to the Bay Area when he was young. He is currently the Assistant Director of Formation for our Temporary Professed brothers at Mission San Luis Rey, Oceanside, CA.

Franciscan Friars
Office of Vocations
1500 34th Ave.
Oakland, CA 94601
Phone:  (408) 903-3422
Email:  vocations@sbofm.org
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/SBFranciscans.Vocations
Twitter:  www.twitter.com/SBFranciscans
Website:  www.sbfranciscans.org

No comments:

Post a Comment